88 Keys and The Truth
Charles Walker Band
D and Chi
Dave and Whitney
Jesse Daniel Edwards
Small Time Napoleon
Born in Miami Beach, Juan Alonzo moved to Maracaibo, Venezuela, where he studied music theory and classical guitar at the Clavier Music Academy. At the age of 12, Juan was performing in his own rock band and had begun writing music. At 16, he completed a guitar certificate at Berklee College of Music. In 2010, Juan moved to Nashville to study music at Middle Tennessee State University. Being bilingual, Juan writes songs in both English and Spanish, and through this he is able to connect to both audiences. The music he plays varies between rock, ballads, funk, jazz and classical guitar. His repertoire covers material from composers like Tarrega, Dyens, Brouwer, Piazzolla and Antonio Lauro, Juan's favorite composer from Venezuela.
Press Photo 1
Press Photo 2
Press Photo 3
Juan did an excellent job! The crowd really liked his style of music! He did a great job of entertaining! Thanks again! - Mark Stone, Director of Student Activities, Methodist College
He was great! The kids really enjoyed his performance. Thank you and please extend my most sincere thanks to Juan. - Margarita Feyerherm, Coordinator of Student Activities Southeast Community College
Thank you again for all your help with planning the Juan Alonzo show. The feedback from SAPB and other students was great! He was truly liked! - Caryn Webster, Arts and Entertainment Committee, Saint Mary’s
The show was fantastic! Juan is such a wonderful performer. The audience response was very excellent. We had about 60 people show up. Always great working with you! - Marianne Luu, PSUB Concerts Chair, Penn State
Program Options: Ideas for presenting Juan on your campus. Juan can perform a concert of Classical Spanish Guitar Music, mixing in a few Venezuelan Folk Songs for your Multicultural or Diversity event.
1) A Master Class. It is typical that universities securing a concert from a classical artist will request that the performer stay to offer technical help to music students on campus in a master class format. I especially love interaction with other young musicians.
2) A purely Classical Concert. Juan is able to offer a quite popular concert format to the university classical music audience and to a cross-over audience intrigued by the romantic allure of the Spanish guitar.
Juan can perform a full show of covers by such artists as John Mayer, The Beatles and Santana, along with current Spanish artists and his original songs for your coffeehouse venue.
1) Artists Covered John Mayer, Eric Clapton, Extreme, Ben Harper, Pink Floyd, Phil Collins, Kansas, the Beatles, Led Zeppelin The Righteous Brothers, Brian Adams, Santana, Bob Marley, Tony Bennett, Frankie Valli, Maroon 5, The Eagles.
2) Spanish Artists Covered Juan Luis Guerra, Ricardo Arjona, Ricardo Montaner, Luis Miguel, Sin Bandera, Yordano, Franco De Vita, Mana, Ricky Martín
3) Classical Guitar Repertoire from Antonio Lauro (Venezuela) Astor Piazzolla (Argentina), Rodrigo Riera (Venezuela), Francisco Tarrega (Spain), Isaac Albeniz (Spain), Leo Brouwer (Cuba)
||© 2017 Wally's World Of Entertainment, Inc. | 159 Sunset Drive, Hendersonville, TN 37075
PH: 800-476-0442 | FX: 615-822-2197